Instead of introducing my weekly veg box with a selection of recipes that I don’t get round to cooking, I’ve decided to turn this column into a weekly meal planner instead. Housewife-tastic.
In the box this week:
beetroot, kale, broccoli, carrots, vine tomatoes, red pepper, marfona potatoes
apples, clementines, bananas
In the fridge:
green peppers, celery, grapefruit, walnuts, oregano
From the butcher:
1 free range chicken
Pheasant and lentil casserole with beetroot and potatoes
Pheasant and lentil leftovers
Roasted beet and carrot
Butterbean and caramelised onion mash
Kale and chickpeas* with Moro tahini chicken
*Adapted from the spinach and chickpea tapa in Moro The Cookbook – there is a version online at Smitten Kitchen who incidentally, often appears to feature recipes that I have in mind.
Lunch: Roasted pepper, leftover chickpea and chorizo soup
I told you I wasn’t a fan of green peppers last week, so it’s no surprise I have two left in the fridge. Between now and Saturday I might try this trick to see if I can turn those green peppers red.
Dinner: Pizza with tomato and basil salad
Roast chicken with broccoli and roast winter veg
Risotto made with fresh stock and leftover roast
Store cupboard pasta, puttanesca?
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
Reader Rating: 0 Votes
You May Also Like