I got really into sewing duing the last month of my pregnancy and I now think the reason I went two weeks overdue is down to the fact I sat on my ass for two weeks solid making a lairy patchwork throw. It was time well spent though, because I’m now a dab hand at quilted cushion covers which make thoughtful yet thrifty gifts. Check out the ones I made at Christmas. It’s Georgia’s birthday today so I made her this cushion. I made her one last year too. May have to be a bit more adventurous next year, or spend less time uploading pictures of my dinner onto the internet and more time increasing my repertoire on the sewing machine. The printed fabric with birds is from Ikea, the floral one is a vintage sixties find I bought on Ebay. Happy birthday Georgia!
Gannet & Parrot has been shortlisted for the BritMums BiB Fresh Voice Award 2013. Please, if you enjoy reading this blog, take a minute to vote for Gannet & Parrot to go through to the finals. You will make this hungry, chatty bird very happy indeed.
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
Reader Rating: 0 Votes
About Chloe King
I'm a freelance writer, designer and webby type. I live with my husband and daughter in the south of England. I like to cook and can throw a good party.
You May Also Like