The first Gannet & Parrot supper club

I’m happy to say that my first supper club went really well. I admit, it was not without the odd cock up, the most prominent being my failure to dress appropriately or mark the non-dairy pies clearly before cooking, but these are not errors one makes twice. While my pastry rose better at home than it did on the night, the fact remains that all 23 diners left with broad smiles and many, with a new-found liking for rabbit pie. ‘Best pie ever,’ said one happy customer, so for that alone I am proud.

Thank you to everyone who came and to the wonderful folk who helped make the event possible, most notably Harvey’s Brewery who supplied copius amounts of their delicious Copperwheat beer, Espresso Mushroom Co who provided their top quality mushrooms for my vegan pies and Peter at F. Richards & Sons for being the most helpful butcher. Not forgetting Café des Artistes of course, for letting me use their remarkable space, and Clara at Big Tree Little Moose for her crop of rhubarb. I will be sharing the recipes for all four dishes I served on here shortly but until then, here are some pictures of Friday’s event courtesy of my good friend Georgia Harrison. And before you ask, I will be doing another one: watch this space.

7th-june-x pop-up-menu-7thJune

• 0

Overall Score

• Reader Rating: 0 Votes

About Chloe King

I'm a freelance writer, designer and webby type. I live with my husband and daughter in the south of England. I like to cook and can throw a good party.

You May Also Like

16 comments on “The first Gannet & Parrot supper club

1. June 10, 2013 at 8:10 am

YOU DID IT!!!!!! Atmosphere looks amazing and the food even better. Hope you’re taking the whole of this week to lounge about, feel smug and cook only fish fingers xx

• June 10, 2013 at 8:18 am

Thanks Hattie, it is such a relief, but there is always more to do, gah! That wedding looks awesome – what a beautiful beach picnic xx

2. June 10, 2013 at 6:32 pm

I really enjoyed the evening and hope you did too. The table looked beautiful, great food, good atmosphere, jolly company. You don’t know how pleased I am to hear that you’re going to do another one ! X

• June 10, 2013 at 7:56 pm

Thanks Sarah, I’m very much looking forward to it, and the washing up. Thanks for all your delicious biscuits too 🙂

3. June 10, 2013 at 8:26 pm

we had a lovely eve – great food , lovely atmosphere and really good company – Thank you!
    Andrea x

• June 10, 2013 at 9:14 pm

Thanks Andrea, so glad you came and even more so that you enjoyed yourselves. See you again soon x

4. June 10, 2013 at 9:12 pm

Ooh this looks so brilliant! May have to sign up to the next one… 🙂 xx

5. June 11, 2013 at 10:32 am

Love it Chloe, well done – I am totally inspired! I LOVE that you made your veggie/vegan similar to the main meat dish – very often the veggie option is something totally random that doesn’t really go with the other dishes. This one looks brilliant. I want to do one now! 🙂 Well done x

• June 11, 2013 at 1:06 pm

Thanks Sarah, you really must host one – damn hard work but a total blast. If we lived closer together I would be there like a shot. I’ll be posting the recipe for my Espresso Mushroom pies later this week if you fancy having a go, they went down pretty well.

6. June 11, 2013 at 5:06 pm

You totally had me with Gin & Elderflower! It looks like a great time was had – and great food. Oh how I wish I lived closer!

• June 11, 2013 at 6:16 pm

We should work out a way to do virtual supper clubbing, perhaps us bloggers should try cooking the same thing on the same night, or at least try drinking gin and elderflower on the same night, to see how wild these comment streams will get.

7. June 13, 2013 at 11:57 am

That looks wonderful. You had a lot of people to cater for! I just want to eat everything on the menu … did you allow people to be vegetarian AND not? 😉

• June 13, 2013 at 12:55 pm

Haha, no, I’m afraid they had to choose!

8. June 17, 2013 at 11:53 am

That looks amazing and right on my doorstep, would love to come to future events please.
    I also love the sound of the virtual supper club too, let me know if this also happens 🙂

• June 17, 2013 at 1:34 pm

Thanks so much, would be delighted to welcome you along and lovely to find your blog too.