I’m happy to say that my first supper club went really well. I admit, it was not without the odd cock up, the most prominent being my failure to dress appropriately or mark the non-dairy pies clearly before cooking, but these are not errors one makes twice. While my pastry rose better at home than it did on the night, the fact remains that all 23 diners left with broad smiles and many, with a new-found liking for rabbit pie. ‘Best pie ever,’ said one happy customer, so for that alone I am proud.
Thank you to everyone who came and to the wonderful folk who helped make the event possible, most notably Harvey’s Brewery who supplied copius amounts of their delicious Copperwheat beer, Espresso Mushroom Co who provided their top quality mushrooms for my vegan pies and Peter at F. Richards & Sons for being the most helpful butcher. Not forgetting Café des Artistes of course, for letting me use their remarkable space, and Clara at Big Tree Little Moose for her crop of rhubarb. I will be sharing the recipes for all four dishes I served on here shortly but until then, here are some pictures of Friday’s event courtesy of my good friend Georgia Harrison. And before you ask, I will be doing another one: watch this space.
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
Reader Rating: 0 Votes
About Chloe King
I'm a freelance writer, designer and webby type. I live with my husband and daughter in the south of England. I like to cook and can throw a good party.
You May Also Like